Sunday, February 11, 2018

Class of Nuke 'Em High 3: The Good, the Bad and the Subhumanoid (1994)

Here and there, I've been making my way through the "Class of Nuke 'Em High" series and just recently had seen 'part 2' ("Subhumanoid Meltdown"), which I actually had some fun watching. Maybe I should have let a little more time elapse in between viewing that and this third installment in the series seeing as how I liked this one considerably less even though it's basically the same movie.

The 'hero' from the previous movie and his subhumanoid girlfriend reproduce twin half-breeds, though, as she dies during child birth, the tall-haired, female professor from before - along with her cronies - snatch up one of the babies. So one is raised to be good and the other bad and a lot of silly shit happens...

This one just felt LONG (and actually WAS - clocking in with a run-time of over 100 minutes...) and extremely 'phoned-in'. The star of the first film plays about 4 or 5 different characters, which, in typical Troma-style, they call attention to by listing his name no less than 20 times in the end credits. There's far less effects and entertainment value this time around - the only saving grace I found being the abundance of T&A. I know it's pretty redundant to criticize a Troma Production for not hitting the mark, as I'm sure they'd be the first to agree, but I was just bored and not into this one. Gonna check out the recent "Return to Nuke 'Em High" stuff soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment