Saturday, January 19, 2013

Satan's Baby Doll (1982, Mario Bianchi)



 
Pretty tedious Italian castle-sleaze here. I really feel like I just watched a small fragment of a movie that was obstinately dragged out for WAY too long, as opposed to a sensibly paced piece of genuine cinema...

A girl's mother dies and is stored in the basement dungeon/tomb of the family castle where she starts coming to life off-and-on and possessing people as a means to avenge her death...

My version didn't come with the two 'hardcore' scenes, attainable on the German release, I've heard, which is fine with me cuz I really wouldn't want this flick to be any longer than it has to be. Still, there's a good amount of full-frontal nudity, along with some female masturbation that some perv in a wheelchair is shown peeping in on at one point. Plot wise, "Satan's Baby Doll" is VERY shallow and sluggishly structured with too many fleeting elements that fail to make much sense - such as a mummy coming to life briefly.

I wouldn't say I HATED "Satan's Baby Doll", I was just sort of puzzled and disappointed by how incomplete it felt. Again, no "hardcore" shit on my cut, but I've heard they add nothing to the overall premise, which is usually the case. So I guess it's safe to just chalk this one up to just a pretty LOUSY film, overall...

No comments:

Post a Comment