Sunday, January 8, 2017

Blutgeil (1993)

So, I guess this Swiss gore-short landed the film-makers in some hot water following its release, thus leading to "Blutgeil" being banned in its own country. While many copies of it were apparently destroyed, one cut managed to survive and it's accessible to this day...

The version I saw had no subtitles so here's what I got out of it: two cops do a bust on a drug house - killing the scummy inhabitants before making their way to a second house where some associated criminals hang out. This time, the druggies seem to get the upper hand, killing the cops and ultimately cannibalizing them.

Not sure what all the fuss was about concerning this 24-minute flick, but, then again, I'm not from Switzerland - nor have I ever been there - so I'm not all that familiar with the sensibilities of its residents. "Blutgeil" is far from the most 'graphic' or 'obscene' film in existence. Also, the production-values are weak and the overall premise isn't anything too interesting. In all, it's a forgettable indie gore-short with a more engaging story behind it, involving its anarchist film-makers, of which I'm not all that privy to...

No comments:

Post a Comment