Saturday, January 13, 2018

No One Lives (2012)

I actually saw this one a while back and am JUST remembering to review it. Either I'm slipping in my old age or this is an immensely forgettable film...

A couple who seem to be having relationship issues are relocating through the country where they are accosted by a gang of criminals at a rural steakhouse. The man seems unintimidated by the goon's taunting, yet the couple are soon blindsided and abducted on the road by the thugs and are taken to their backwoods hideout. The captors quickly learn that they aren't up against the usual, out-of-towner yuppies and that the 'boyfriend' is actually a psychotic and proficient killer.

"No One Lives" COULD have been so much better, but I just found it hard to get in to and incredibly corny. The guy playing the victim-turned-aggressor was unconvincing and the frequent one-liners from all the other characters kept me rolling my eyes. There's a bit of gore here and there, but nothing to get excited about. This flick just came across as poorly directed and shittily paced to the point where I found myself having a hard time paying attention. Just a weak and badly made movie, in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment