Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Ghost Shark (2013)

I'm not generally into the cheap-ass, made-for-TV 'sharksploitation' shit that pretty much air weekly on the Sci-fi/Syfy channel, but I've had "Ghost Shark" on hand for a night I was feeling particularly 'thoughtless' about my movie viewing. The concept behind this one  is about as retarded as one could imagine, though, I must say, it's definitely a step above those virtually unwatchable "Sharknado" movies.

A pair of rednecks out on a charter boat kill a great white as revenge for it devouring their $30,000 prized catch. A mystical cave, in which the shark swims to just prior to dying, allows the shark's ghost to continue on and feed. And there you have, Ghost Shark...

The 'angle' they take with this one is that the translucent Ghost Shark can exist anywhere there is water, such as swimming pools, bathtubs, toilets and, at one point, a child's Slip 'N Slide (best scene, by the way). Ghost Shark even finds his way into a water cooler and is drank by some unlucky bastard... So, yeah, "Ghost Shark" is as idiotic as you would expect from a movie about a fucking ghost shark that launches out of puddles and eats people (I didn't think ghosts eat, but I guess ghost sharks do...), so I can't say I was 'disappointed', nor can I say I was shockingly entertained. But if you gotta see a movie about a ghost shark than you might as well check out "Ghost Shark".

No comments:

Post a Comment