Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Sold My Soul to Satan (2010, David Gaz, Alex Vazart)


Not entirely sure WHAT my take was on "I Sold My Soul to Satan". I haven't come across much info on it, but it's advertised and formated as a documentary, yet the basis for the film is so goddamn ridiculous that I refuse to believe it's 100% legit...

It follows a struggling rock musician who has agreed to partake in an extensive ritual that would result in his soul being granted to Satan in exchange for fame and wealth. The bulk of the movie is him discussing his decision with an overly enthusiastic occult store clerk and attempting to gather up supplies (herbs, satanic twigs, spells, etc).

"I Sold My Soul to Satan" is an occasionally funny "documentary", but for the most part, it's just rather boring. The fact that nobody in the film seems to be taking this demonic conjuration even the slightest bit seriously was enough to curb any earnestness behind whatever the fuck this guy was trying to accomplish. In my opinion, this film would've been better without such a "lighthearted" and ignorant approach (granted, if any of this shit was even REAL, which I highly doubt!) and maybe focused more on someone who was intensely serious about these rituals. Still, if you're even a moderately smart person, hopefully you'll realize that the outcome will amount to ZILCH no matter how the movie is done.

I can't strongly recommend this flick due it being pretty dull, but it's got one or two laughable moments. Not that any of it matters...

No comments:

Post a Comment