Sunday, June 25, 2017

I Spit on Your Grave III: Vengeance is Mine (2015)

I really didn't like the "I Spit on Your Grave" remake. At all. Not only did I never in my wildest dreams think that Meir Zarchi's 'rape/revenge' classic would be blasphemed with a 'revamp', I never, EVER would have imagined it would turn into a franchise. An incredibly shitty franchise. I guess I was naive cuz nothing is sacred. In all fairness, I haven't seen the second installment so I'm not totally 'caught up' (I could give a fuck...), but if it's any better than either of the other two I've seen, I'd be very surprised.

So the rape victim of the previous movies becomes friends with a man-hating, punk rock chick at her sexual assault survivors support group and the two decide to start striking some fear in the hearts of perverts targeting girls from the group. When her friend is suddenly murdered by her ex-boyfriend, Jennifer amps up the harshness on her perv-punishing to full-on sado-torture and murder...

Pretty dull stuff, here. This is actually more along the lines of "Ms. .45", what with it's more urban setting, just without everything that made that awesome movie so memorable. There's really no exploitation 'feel' - much like the initial remake - which makes the incessant feminist angle seem so contrived and laughable, as opposed to imperative, as it were in the original film and even the far inferior remake. As for the violence, there are a few rather 'graphic' kills, most notably a castration and a guy getting a pipe rammed up his ass with a sledgehammer, although it's nothing 'good' enough to make up for how weak and clumsy and half-assed the story is and how it has no business bearing the "I Spit on Your Grave" title. That's all I care to say. Avoid this bullshit and, while you're at it, avoid the rest of this putrid trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment