Thursday, May 26, 2016

There's Nothing Out There (1991)

I guess I've seen worse as far as self-aware indie- horror/comedies go, so in all fairness, "There's Nothing Out There" wasn't a total misfire. I just found it more annoying than witty, overall.

Some high school friends drive up to - you guessed it - a vacation home out in the woods for spring break. They end up having to fight off a frog-faced, tentacled creature that shoots mind controlling laser-beams out of it's eyes and wants to procreate with the women...

It's one of those movies that throws a bunch of cliches out there in order to spoof the genre, so I can't really give it shit for that. Much of the heavily forced humor fell flat, for me at least, and the obnoxious, over-the-top, nonstop sarcastic delivery of the horror nerd character got particularly irritating. Good points were the girls are pretty much in their panties or bikinis for the majority of the movie, which gave me enough reason to coast on through the run-time. That's really all I got on this one. There's worse shit like this out there but I still can't recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment