Friday, July 29, 2011

Cannibal Terror (1981, Alain Deruelle)


Awful 'cannibal' film. From what I've seen it is quite possibly the worst but as a fan of the horror genre, I am compelled to watch whatever happens to be on the "video nasties" list if it finds it's way to me. "Cannibal Terror" was one I had heard a little about and thought would be fun just to see how god-awful it was. I wasn't disappointed on that end. This this was a fuckin' hoot-and-a-half! No regrets, overall.

The plot is a heavily 'padded' mess involving two crooks who kidnap very young daughter of a rich man and hold up in Cannibal Country. A woman gets raped, the rapist gets eaten by cannibals (courtesy of a vengeful father), some nothing happens, cannibals dance, close-ups of cheezy looking disembowelment's, and, finally, me having to run an errand and never returning to the film...

Of course, the real biggie about "Cannibal Terror" is the horrible cast of white "cannibals", many of which appear to be sporting chic hairdos, complete with mutton chops and a few perms, I believe I spotted amongst the awkward looking bunch. Yes. I laughed. I also laughed at the poor dubbing and general lack of spirit brought to the table from those who made this atrocious bore. There is nothing disturbing, exciting, insightful, or remotely memorable about "Cannibal Terror" aside from it's flaws. If any real effort was put into this movie it certainly doesn't register within the final product. Fuck, the title is even embarrassingly generic.

This is one 'cannibal' film to skip or if you want a few cheap laughs, just watch a little bit of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment