Sunday, September 17, 2017

Las Caras de la Muerte (2006)

I guess the title to this Mexican release translates to "The Faces of Death", which definitely had me interested upon getting the opportunity to check it out. Unfortunately, that's some VERY false advertising - as this thing is just bull riding footage. Yeah... Not a Mexican "Faces of Death" by any stretch.

Maybe some of these people died as a result of being bucked off of an angry bull's haunches; it's completely possible, but, from what I could tell, the vast majority of them seemed fine.

That's pretty much all we're talkin', here, aside from a few stadium brawls and random dancing and Mexican drinking game interludes. Granted, I enjoy watching bull riding clips but when it dawned on me early on in this that it was solely bull riding, I knew this was a total con. Maybe there's a 'truer' Mexican "Faces of Death" out there that I haven't come across and, if there isn't, hopefully one hits because this is definitely nothing even CLOSE to a 'mondo' death-film. What an egregious con!

No comments:

Post a Comment