Monday, November 16, 2015

The Killer Wore Gloves (1974)

Definitely one of the lamest titles ever attached to a 'giallo' flick (a 'giallo' killer wearing gloves?? Unheard of...) and, plotwise, this one is pretty run-of-the-mill, I thought.

A young woman believes she's spotted her boyfriend in merry ol' London when he is actually suppose to be fighting over in Vietnam. From there, mysterious characters and circumstances arise... involving a killer... in leather gloves! Imagine that...

"The Killer Wore Gloves" isn't awful, though it was a bit too slow and convoluted for my tastes - an issue I find many of the 'gialli' genre entries tend to fall into. Very little bloodshed in this one and the whole 'intrigue' angle at the end was pushed a little too hard and fast which took me out of the film quite a bit. As for the 'high points', the lead actress is sexy and I dug the repetitive, bassy-synth music score. Yeah, not terrible but nothing all that memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment