Sunday, November 22, 2015

Killing Brooke (2012)

I would definitely rank this among one of the shittiest "Texas Chainsaw" knock-offs I've seen. I'll say for certain, I haven't been this flat out annoyed by a film in quite some time.

A couple of newlywed lesbos land a drunken three-way with a twerpy hitch-hiker who happens to be a serial killer. When they want to ditch him later, he kills the less attractive rugmuncher and chases the other one through the woods and to a farmhouse, inhabited by a family of hillbilly killers where they're both held captive...

"Killing Brooke" doesn't contain at least one reasonably convincing line of dialog, an even SOMEWHAT decent gore effect, or any semblance of a fucking POINT. What it does is meander along with innocuous torture scenes and constant screaming. Not only is the screaming too overboard and obnoxious, but it was the incredibly poor sound quality that made it so much more headache-inducing than it should've been, otherwise, this would typically be a non-issue for me (especially, when I'm not hungover...). Fuck, I was constantly having to adjust the volume just to keep my eardrums AND my TV speakers from rupturing. Just some dickhead with a digitgal camera and no sound-mixing skills... In all, there is nothing good about "Killing Brooke". Terrible acting, no atmosphere, shitty effects and a barrage of worthless noise...

No comments:

Post a Comment