Monday, November 3, 2014

Around the World with Fanny Hill (1974, Mac Ahlberg)

I haven't yet seen the first Mac Ahlberg-directed "Fanny Hill" flick - not to be confused with the Russ Meyer version that preceded that - but I had heard that this sequel was superior so I figured I'd start with it. In all, it's a fairly enjoyable sexploitation-comedy, albeit a bit 'light' for my tastes...

The Swedish wife of a smutty TV-commercial director decides that she wants a divorce so she calls upon her best friend to seduce him for the sake of tabloid blackmail. Once the deed is done, the two women decide to travel the world, starting with L.A. where she gets a role in a trashy skin flick which sparks her successful acting career and launches her into superstardom. From there, she travels to Hong Kong, Venice and Munich, while her very jealous ex-hubby trails her, hoping to get her back.

"Around the World with Fanny Hill" is pretty 'light-hearted' sexploit- material with the occasional inclusion of soft-core sex. For the most part, the humor is pretty tasteful and empowering as far as it's central character is portrayed. She's seductive, willful and manipulative. I can't say "Fanny Hill" is my type of flick, since I tend to prefer the more 'serious' and sleazy forms of erotic Euro-exploitation cinema, though this one is entertaining for what it is. It's full of goofy humor and Shirley Corrigan is a fine piece of Scando- tail who spends the majority of her screen time here newd. Who am I to complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment