Monday, August 11, 2014

The Complicated Raping Case (1993, Dai Yue Lok)

This may rank among one of the dullest CATIII movies I have ever had the displeasure of watching. Now, to be honest, I got pretty liberal with the fast-forward button around the halfway mark so I'll have to just base my opinions on only what I managed to endure from this mind numbing waste of time...

A billionaire and his mistress are attacked and go missing after a mysterious assailant barges in on their video-taped sex session. After that, the man's trophy wife starts talking to the cops about where he could be, all while a steamy romance takes shape between her and one of the detectives.

Maybe I got a cut version, but I didn't see any rape in this movie, ironically titled "The Complicated Raping Case". There is barely any IMPLIED rape. What you get is a bunch of passionate, soft-core sex scenes with slow saxophone jazz accompaniment. This movie is more of a 'seductive mystery-thriller' than anything downright sleazy which would be all fine and dandy (although I prefer my CATIII rape flicks pack in a fair amount of sleaze), except that this thing is just so fucking boring and uneventful that I couldn't even get through it. Even the copious amount of nudity couldn't save it, as far as I was concerned. Complicated AND dull! Skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment