Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Brain (1988)

I had no real expectations going into "The Brain" since I knew nothing about it, and I was left pretty blank when all was said and done. There's really nothing good about this flick (aside from the one chick who was willing to take her top off, twice...), but I can't just flat out call it shitty... It just feels pointless, which is odd cuz I know they were going for a strong metaphor on the effects of brainwashing in the media, but it just doesn't come across as all that clever or worthwhile in the end. I guess I just didn't care... All I took away from it was: it's a dull monster movie.

A trouble-making high school student is sent off to a mental heath facility to be treated by a TV doctor whom everyone in the community seems to worship. While there, he's unknowingly hooked up to a big brain creature that makes him hallucinate before he freaks out and runs off. The rest of the movie is pretty much him on the run from the doctor and his henchman who are apparently trying to collect all the 'free thought' from TV viewers and strengthen their ever-growing killer brain monster...

"The Brain" is an ambitious enough flick in certain respects, but just didn't do much for me. The rubbery brain with the face was stupid looking and watching it's even MORE rubbery teeth bend over peoples bodies as it's devouring them killed it for me. That, and it's just DULL. Maybe I was in the wrong mood, but I suggest passing on "The Brain". And that's all I got...

No comments:

Post a Comment