Thursday, February 18, 2016

Broken (2006)

Pretty standard and dull torture flick. I remember quite a few other reviewers speaking highly of this one when this came out so I picked up a copy and gave it a spin back in the day. All I really recalled about "Broken" was kinda digging the last 15 seconds or so, so recently I revisited it and realized why that was all I remembered... The rest of the movie consists of virtually NOTHING.

A woman and her young daughter are kidnapped and separated deep in the woods by a psychotic survivalist whose objective is apparently to break her down and make her into a slave of sorts...

Apart from the initial "game" where the guy ties his captives to a tree by their neck with a razor blade sewn into their abdomen that they have to extract in order to free themselves and the aforementioned "surprise ending" - the bulk of "Broken" is incredibly slow and forgettable. Too much so to really strike me as all that 'disturbing' or 'sick'. It just seemed like a slapped together and heavily padded cash-in of the time. Weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment