Thursday, December 4, 2014

ReGOREgitated Sacrifice (2008, Lucifer Valentine)

I've expounded on my overall opinion of Lucifer Valentine's works before, so I'm going to keep this one relatively short. "ReGOREgitated Sacrifice" is the second installment in the gimmicky 'vomit gore' trilogy and it's the exact same thing as the other two flicks it is sandwiched between...

...And, once again, there is no story. The film is, again, simply a rapidly edited compilation of scenes featuring the one-note film-maker's adoration for seeing crack whores puke and piss on each other.

Like "Slaughtered Vomit Dolls" - which I will admit I found fairly interesting upon my initial viewing before I did my five minutes of research which was all it took for me to conclude that Valentine is a monumental douchebag and self-obsessed liar - "ReGOREgitated Sacrifice" would have hacked it better as a 5-10 minute short. Only, it clocks in at an incredibly SLOW 65-minutes (feels like 2 hours...) that consist mostly of drunk/stoned, haggard prostitutes hanging out in hotel rooms and spewing bile everywhere. You also got a lesbian three-way, featuring a pregnant woman, a fake snuff scene or two and a few prolonged sequences of excessive gore. Speaking of which, the gore is the only redeeming aspect of this piece of shit. Namely, there's a pretty gruesome disembowelment and the complete mutilation and desecration of a severed human head. They should have focused on that and cut out all of the other boring bullshit seeing as how they had a pretty decent FX crew at their disposal.

So, yeah, if you're 13-years old and find vomit and piss SHOCKING, then you'll definitely fit right in with Lucifer Valentine's fanbase and eat this shit right up. Personally, I've seen a LOT of fucked up fetish material so puke drinking doesn't have the strongest effect on me, honestly. Also, I'm not a Nirvana fan...

No comments:

Post a Comment